Re: Pant Wetting
My 4 year old daughter has just started wetting her pants for no reason. Im at my wits end.
How old was she when toilet training occured?
For a 4yo GA_googleFillSlot("minti_advice_island_logged_out_300x250"); to regress somewhat there will usually be a simple explanation -
- You don't have a new baby do you? If so, sometimes older ones will do this for attention as all of a sudden they aren't the baby anymore and that can be hard to let go of.
- Have there been any changes at home like moving, upset in family, death of pet or loved one, change in sleep routine?
- Does she go to kindy or pre-school? Perhaps something is bothering her - bossy child, change of teachers, friend stopped going, change of routine.
- Have your started work either part or full time?
- If she is going to "big school" next year, perhaps she is a bit apprehensive? Or if she has attended orientation, she may have come across a child she feels uncomfortable with?
- If you don't think that's the case, then she may have a slight bladder infection. Or if she is complaining of a sore lower back at all then maybe minor kidney infection.
There is usually nothing to worry about, but defining what the cause is and working with it is the best thing to do.
Whatever the cause is, just remember to stay calm and not make her feel like she's doing anything wrong, and she will probably pass through it fairly quickly.