1. The inside of the cell has many ____ for carrying out specific life processes.?
2. A group of specialized cells first forms a(n) ____.
3. When evaluating whether something you are seeing under a microscope is a tissue, you should look for ____.
several different types of similar cells
4. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of animals?
have eukaryotic cells
digest their food
make their own food
have many cells with different functions
5. Cnidarians and sponges have ____ layers of tissue; flatworms have ____ layers of tissue.
6. Cnidarians reproduce ____.
only by budding
asexually and sexually
7. Members of this mollusk class have an internal plate instead of a shell.
none of the above
8. Which of these is NOT a trait of segmented worms?
body separated into segments
have large heads
found in soil, freshwater, and saltwater
have a body cavity that holds organs
9. All arthropods have an external covering called the ____.
10. Of the following, which is NOT a stage of incomplete metamorphosis?