Help with history please help meeeee?
Which is not true of Franklin Roosevelt's early life?
He came from a wealthy family.
He attended elite private schools.
He earned degrees from Harvard and Columbia.
He was known for his serious attitude and deep thinking.
2. What themes for government action emerged during FDR's first hundred days as president?
the business of America is business; the government should not intervene
heavy regulation of the banking industry; a laissez-faire approach to other businesses
relief to individuals, economic recovery, reforms to avoid future economic disaster
less emphasis on a market economy; a move to a command economy
3. Why did Roosevelt move so quickly at the beginning of his first term to propose legislation to establish new agencies and programs?
He wanted a strong record in order to be reelected.
He hoped to motivate businesses to support his campaign.
He wanted people to forget Herbert Hoover as quickly as possible.
He believed the government had a moral obligation to help families survive.
Which was not a technique used by FDR to maintain political and public support for early New Deal programs?
He held twice-weekly press conferences for reporters.
He delivered fireside chats on the radio.
He built a political coalition including immigrants, women, youth, and African Americans.
He established a citizen advisory council to represent people from all walks of life.
What was the administration's response to opponents' criticism?
FDR gave more fireside chats to gain public support.
FDR fought back with more legislation in a second New Deal.
The administration eliminated some costly programs.
Congress passed sedition legislation.
13. Which legislation passed during the second New Deal became the New Deal's most popular and long-lasting program?
Social Security Act
Public Works Administration
Works Progress Administration
14. Which kind of organizations grew because of New Deal legislation that supported and protected them?
15. Which is not a historical view of the New Deal?
President Roosevelt's personality was the key to the New Deal.
Reforms would have occurred under any president because the situation was so dire.
The New Deal was a "half-way revolution" because it was as much as people could handle.
President Roosevelt ended the Great Depression through his successful programs.
16. Which was not an effect of the New Deal programs on American life?
Unemployment dropped significantly.
Government power grew.
Public works projects had a national impact.
The economy rebounded to 1928 levels.
This really is EASY
Every one of these is straight out of your textbook. A Google of the New Deal and, God forbid, reading the entry would answer every one of these. Do your own homework.
[m] By: Guest
- +There is a function fn(a, b, c, d, e) a + b * c - d / e. Write the code to call fn on the vector c(1,2,3,4,5) such that the output is same as fn(1,2,3,4,5).